I ran below steps at mac machine. But steps will be almost similar for windows machine as well.
- Create a folder and copy apk (lets say abc.apk) to this folder.
- rename the extension (.apk) to zip. The the abc.apk is rename to abc.zip
- Unzip the abc.zip. So the new folder is abc.
- Inside the abc folder there is one dex file called classes.dex
- dex2jar download from here.
- then run this command
$ path of d2j-dex2jar.sh/d2j-dex2jar.sh <space> path of classes.dex/classes.dex
- At the current working directory new jar file will be created as “classes-dex2jar.jar“
- JD-GUI (for MAC) download.
- Drag and drop “classes-dex2jar.jar” at JD-GUI tool. You mush be getting decoded source files…… 🙂
My questions to you:
- What all other things can be decoded from apk?
- Which all other tools are there to decode “jar”.
- Is there any other way to decode apk?
- Did you face any issues on other platform or MAC machine?
If you like the post then please socialize it. Happy Sharing.